Pages

Monday 27 February 2023

Have A COSY Night!

Hi Tea Timers and welcome back to the blog! DT Randy here with a scene I built around my favorite image of the sloth from the Movie Night stamp set. I was wanting to create a Sweet Dreams type card for my niece who has been having some trouble sleeping through the night.


Sets used:

I first stamped out the image of the sloth and used E01, E11, E70, E71, E74 and E77 Copic markers to color the critter. I then fussy cut him out and set him to the side. 

I then took an A2 Panel and blended embossing ink over the Movie Star stencil. I only blended the ink over the border of the card leaving a circle in the middle. I wanted it to look like the stars were circle the sloth. Once I blended the embossing ink, I heat embossed the stars with white embossing powder. After letting the card cool down, I blended Faded Jeans, Uncharted Mariner, Seedless Preserves and Picked Raspberry over the panel. 


With the cloud dies, I cut them out of white cardstock several times. I had to build my sentiment and used different stamps to complete my phrase. I love that you can stretch your stamps by just masking off certain portions of a sentiment to use just a couple of the words that you need. Instead of masking off the stamp, could also trim off the sentiment, but I prefer to keep them intact.

For my sentiment, I used the sentiment from the Fintastic Friends stamp set for the "Have A" portion and the "night" sentiment from the Movie Night stamp set and heat embossed them with white embossing powder over black cardstock. I trimmed them down to size. With the Cosy sentiment die, I cut it out of gold cardstock. 

To assemble my card, I decided how I wanted my sloth to lay on top of the cloud. I glued the large cloud down first and then decided on how I wanted the  other clouds to surround the sloth. To give the card more dimension, I used a mixture of liquid adhesive for the bigger clouds and then foam dots for the smaller clouds.

Once I had all of my clouds adhered, I glued on the sloth with liquid adhesive and then my sentiment underneath.

I hope you enjoyed this card today. I feel like this image of the sloth is so versatile and can be used for any scene really. If you love this set, check it out in the shop and use the code T4TRANDY10 for savings.

I hope you have a wonderful day and week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like