Pages

Monday 9 August 2021

Using patterned paper in your cards

Hello, tea timers! 

DT Natalia here with you today - I hope your weekend was a lovely one. We travelled to the North of Spain to visit my family, and I am over the moon! One more week of hols before returning to the UK. 

Have you seen the Sweet Summer paper pad from the new release? I love the bright and cheerful colours and patterns on it so I wanted to make a couple of cards where the paper was the focus. This is the one I am showing you this week: 

I decided to use the Cool Critters stamp and coordinating dies for this card. I love how well they combine with the summery papers! 

To colour the stamps, I used my alcohol markers and a white gel pen for the highlights. Once they were ready, I used three different sizes from the Simply Circle Dies set to die cut from three different sheets of the paper pad. Each circle has three layers of white cardstock underneath to give the card some dimension, and I used my favourite glue to stick them all together. 



Once my background was ready, I mounted the critters onto the circles with double sided stick pads and added a white on black heat embossed sentiment, which also has three layers.

To tie it all up, I decided to use another sheet from the pad trimmed to an A2 size and then mounted my card front on top. I completed it with some sequins from my little things from Lucy’s cards and that was that! A super cool, summery card featuring patterned paper. 

What about you, do you like using patterned paper, or do you struggle? I have tons, and I don’t find it the easiest to use on my cards, but I love how this turned out - I hope you too! 

Remember you can use my code T4TNEILA10 to get a 10% off your shop! 

Sending you hugs,
Natalia 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like