Pages

Saturday 14 August 2021

Bee Happy!


 

Happy Saturday Teatimers this weekend has rolled around fast don’t you think. I have a sweet bee scene card to share with you this week. You know how much I love my scenes so as soon as I saw the new Beehive Slimline Die I knew I had to create an abstract cloudy sky with it. 

I began by cutting out the Beehive die then used this as a guide to cut out the base for the blue sky. I used peacock feathers and tumbled glass distress oxide to blend the sky. Then popped the beehive straight on top. If I made it again I think I would have added some dimension here so it’s not so flat. The best part for the scene was the grass which I cut using the Slimline Hillside Scene Dies I created a little hill so that the bee on the left could reach the beehive a little easier and then there was more blue on the other side for contrast. 
The bees are from the Bee Happy Clear Stamp Set and are so simple to colour as they are quite small so great for quick cards. Once I’d coloured up all my elements I popped them onto my card and added my sentiment which I white heat embossed onto black card stock. I thought it was missing something though so added some flicks of green onto the green to look like blades of grass. Then stamped out some cute little flowers and popped them on. 
Last thing to do was to pop it onto my card base and that was my card finished up. I wished I’d added a little dimension but you know everything is a learning curve. 
I think the Beehive slimline Die is so versatile too and will definitely be a go to die in my stash. I hope you love it too! If you want to buy any of the products in the shop today you can get 10% off using code T4TNATALIE10. 
Have a great weekend and I will see you all next week ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like