Pages

Monday 29 August 2022

DIY Circle Gift Tags

Hi Tea Timers and welcome back to the blog. Today, I have a DIY on how to create circle tags that can be used on gift bags and presents. I created a total of three tags but there are endless possibilities!


Sets Used:

All my tags use the 2 3/4 inch circle die from the Nest Die set.


For my first tag, I stamped the underwater seaweed scene directly onto the tag. I used a 0.3 fineliner to extend the sand  image. I then stamped out the turtle and fish from the Fintastic Friends and Beach Buds set. I used the following colors to color the images:

  • Seaweed: YG21, YG23, YG25
  • Fish: BG11, BG13, Y11. Y13
  • Turtle: G00, G02, G03, G05, G07, G09
  • Water: B000, B00, B01, B02, B04
  • Sand: E00, E01, E11, E13


I stamped the sentiment directly onto the tag and fussy cut the turtle and fish. I used foam tape to adhere the turtle and fish. 



For my next tag, I stamped the beach scene directly onto the tag as well and used the 0.3 fineliner to extend the scene to the edge of the tag. I stamped and fussy cut the otter, shovel and pail. I then used the following colors to color the images:
  • Umbrella: YG21, YG23, RV21. RV23
  • Otter: W05, W06, W07, W08, W09
  • Sky: B000, B00, B01, B02, Y000, Y00, Y02
  • Sand: E00, E01, E11, E13, E15
  • Pail and Shovel: V01, V04, V06


I then stamped the sentiment directly onto the blue cardstock and used the matching banner die to cut it out. I used foam tape to adhere the sentiment and the liquid adhesive to adhere the images.


For my last tag, I wanted to show the whale jumping out and into the water. I took 2 circle die cuts and for one, I used the wavy die from the Landscape Edge set to cut out the water part. I used Uncharted Mariner and Peacock Feathers to blend the water portion. On the second circle, I blended Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, and Kitsch Flamingo. I then used white watercolor to splatter over the sky. 




I stamped out the whale and used T5, T6, T7, T8 and T9 to color the image. I used the coordinating die to cut out the whale. I heat embossed the sentiment onto the water portion with white embossing powder. I used foam tape to adhere the water portion and liquid adhesive for the whale. 

To complete the tags, I used a hole punch to punch a hole at the top of each of my tags. I then tied twine onto each tag.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and will create some fun tags as well. You can put the To and From on the back of each tag. If you liked any of the supplies that I used in this post, don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 at check out. Have crafty week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like