Pages

Monday 22 August 2022

Have a WHALE of a time with the Porthole Lift the Flap Dies

Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. This is DT Randy and today I am showcasing the new Porthole Lift the Flap Dies. This fun die set will allow you to create super easy and cute surprise cards. I decided to create a fun night and day ocean/beach scene.


For the front of the card, I wanted the whale to look like it was jumping out of the ocean at night, have a WHALE of a time. When you lift the flap, I wanted it to be a sweet beach scene during the day.


Sets used:

I first cut out the 2 panels using the largest die from the Autumn Scene Cover Plate set. For the first panel I wanted to create a night scene. I took masking tape to mask off the bottom quarter of the car panel. For the top portion, I cut out a circle from the Circle of Love Nesting Dies set and taped it on to the panel. I then blended Chipped Sapphire, Seedless Preserves and Picked Raspberry. I then removed the bottom mask and blended Salty Ocean and Mermaid Lagoon. I splattered white water color over the panel to give it a starry night look. 



I then took the large Porthole Lift the Flap Die and taped it onto the card panel and ran it through my die-cutting machine. I turned the panel over and blended Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade and Dried Marigold. 

I decided to stamp my sentiments directly onto both sides of the flaps. 


I then stamped out all the images, diecut them out with the coordinating dies and used the following Copic Colors for my images:

  • Whale: B91, B93, B95, B97, B99
  • Otter: E00, E11, E13, E15
  • Palm Tree and Coconut: G05, G07, E11, E13
  • Turtles: YG21, YG23, YG25
  • Pail and Shovel: RV21, RV23, Y11, Y13


I then placed the second panel underneath to see where I wanted to place the sand and wave pieces. I had some wave dies in my stash but you can use the Ocean Waves set as well. Once I knew where I wanted them to go, I used liquid adhesive to adhere the pieces along with the images.



I then glued my top panel with the Porthole directly onto the second panel. To complete my card, I added the whale image and glued on the word "Love" that was cut from the Nesting Die set from gold cardstock.

I hope you enjoyed my post today and if you enjoyed any of the sets that I used today, use the code T4TRANDY10 at check out for extra savings. I hope you have a crafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like