Pages

Friday 12 August 2022

Porthole Sea Shaker

 


Hello and happy Friday! DT Annalisa here today sharing a porthole sea shaker card that I created using supplies from the latest Time For Tea Designs release. The sea creatures work perfectly with the Slimline Porthole Dies; I love how they peek through the openings.

To start, I die-cut some wood grain card stock using the largest rectangle die in the Slimline Scalloped Trio Circle Nesting Dies. I ink-blended this with Simon Says Stamp Khaki ink and Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Once the ink was dry, I die-cut the panel with the Slimline Porthole Dies.

I used the same die on some silver metallic card stock to create shiny portholes. I then used the circle frame in this set to cut some white card stock which I then coloured black with my copics. I used liquid glue to adhere these to the backs of the silver portholes so the black would show through.

I created an 8.5 by 3.5-inch slimline card base and ink blended it with Peacock Feathers and Salvaged Patina Distress Ink with my Beautiful Blender Brushes. I then added some white splatter of acrylic paint with a paintbrush.


Next, I stamped the critters from Fintastic Friends and die-cut them out with the coordinating die set. I coloured them with my Copics and added white gelly roll white pen accents. 

For the sentiment, I heat embossed some white embossing powder onto some black cardstock and then die-cut it out.

I used tape on the back of the woodgrain cardstock to connect the port holes to the front panel. I stuck down the critters to the card base in the areas behind the port holes and then added some Glitz Recollections Chunky Glitter down on top of them.


I used double-sided foam tape (which I doubled up) on the woodgrain panel to adhere this down onto the card base.

I added the sentiment using liquid glue to complete the card.

Thank you so much for reading my blog post,. Don't forget to use my discount code T4TANNALISA10 when you visit the Time For Tea Designs shop to get 10% off your order.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like