Pages

Monday 8 August 2022

Having a Whale of a time with some Fintastic Friends

Hi Tea Timers, it's DT Randy and welcome back to the blog. The new release is now in the shop and there are so many amazing sets! I am excited to share a new underwater scene I created using the new Fintastic Friends stamp and die set. 

Sets used:

I first die cut out 3 card panels using the rectangle die in the Autumn Scene Cover Plate die set. I then took some diorama dies in my stash and cut out from 2 of the panels. You can create your own diorama cuts as well. All you need to do is draw a fun shape on the first panel and cut it out. Then you place that panel ontop of another panel and draw the similar shape but smaller and cut that out. 

I blended Peacock Feathers, Salvaged Patina and Cracked Pistashio on the full panel. On the two panels that I cut out the diorama, I used the same colors on top but added Antique Linen on the bottom. I covered the bottom portion and splatted white water color over it. I then splattered the bottom portion with brown watercolor.




I stamped out my images and stamped the fish and the seaweed a second time. I then diecut them out using the coordinating dies.

You can use any color combination for the fish as it is so fun to mix and match colors. I used the following colors for the other aquatic animals:

  • Whale: B91, B93. B95. B97, B99
  • Dolphin: W00, W01, W02, W03, W04, W05
  • Octopus: R20, R22, R24


To assemble my card, I used foam tape on each panel to add to the layers. I then used a combination of liquid adhesive and foam tape to attach all of the aquatic animals. To complete my card, I stamped the sentiment onto teal cardstock and die cut it using the coordinating die. I love that the coordinating die is included in the die set as well.

I hope you liked this tutorial today. If you like any of the sets that I used today, don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 for some savings on your next purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like