Pages

Friday 26 August 2022

Make A Splash


Hello and happy Friday! DT Annalisa here sharing a beach scene I created for my husband's birthday using distress ink and Time For Tea Designs stamps and dies.

I used a stitched rectangle die in my stash to die-cut a panel of Distress Watercolor Cardstock. I smushed down Peacock Feathers Distress Ink onto my glass matt and added a drop of re-inker for good measure! I sprayed some water and then plonked my watercolour paper on top of it. By sheer luck, what you see on the top of my stitched panel is what I got. I noticed it looked like where the ocean meets the sand and loved it, so I stopped adding more ink. For the sand area, I ink blended on some Scattered Straw Distress Ink with a Beautiful Blender Brush. I added Rusty Hinge Distress Ink splatter with a paintbrush.

 I stamped, then die-cut the critters and ocean-themed elements from Fintastic Friends (and the coordinating die set) and Beach Buds (and the coordinating die set). I coloured everything with Copic Markers and added white accents with a Gelly Roll Pen.


I cut the sand portion under the umbrella and tucked it under a stitched die-cut area. I used liquid glue and foam tape to adhere the various elements to the panel. For the sentiments, I stamped and then die-cut them with each coordinating die. I die-cut two more of each sentiment die from white card stock. I used liquid glue to adhere to the three layers to add dimension to both sentiments.

I added the completed panel to a white A2 card base to complete the card.

Thank you so much for reading my blog post. Don't forget to use my discount code T4TANNALISA10 when you visit the Time For Tea Designs shop to get 10% off your order.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like