Pages

Friday 5 August 2022

Have a Whale of a Time

 


Hello and welcome! DT Annalisa with another card I created using the brand new release! For my card, I experimented with watercolour and used the Fintastic Friends and Beach Buds stamp and die sets for this underwater-themed card.

I used my A2 Layering dies to cut down a piece of Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock 4 5/16 by 3 3/4 inch panel. I pressed some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink onto my glass mat and sprayed it with a bit of water. I added some clean water with a paintbrush to the water colour panel and added some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink with my paintbrush. This created the water background for the scene. I also added some water bubbles and splatter.

A big thanks to Jenn Shurkus and Lawn Fawn and their 'Create with Us' series for the inspiration and how-to for this watercolour technique. As a perfectionist, I struggle with water colouring, but Jenn shows you how in this terrific 'pool party' class which you can watch anytime on replay.

I stamped (with Ink on 3 Blackout detail ink) and coloured (with Copics) the images and then die-cut them with their coordinating dies. I heat embossed the sentiments onto black cardstock using white Alabaster ultra fine embossing powder by Brutus Monroe. I then die-cut the sentiments out with their coordinating dies. I really like the wavy dies in the Beach Buds coordinating dies set!

I added foam tape to the sentiments, whale and dolphin and adhered them to the panel. I used liquid glue for the remainder of the elements.


The A2 card base was created using light blue card stock. I added the sea panel to this with foam tape.

I added glossy accents to the whale, small fish and water bubbles to complete the card.

Thank you so much for checkout out my blog post. Don't forget to use my discount code T4TANNALISA10 when you visit the Time For Tea Designs shop to get 10% off your order.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like