Pages

Friday 19 August 2022

Seas The Day

 

Happy Friday, DT Annalisa  here sharing a sea-themed shaker card I created using stamps, dies and a stencil from Time For Tea Designs. I love how you can use the alpha dies to spell out part of a stamped sentiment to draw attention to it.

To start, I used a panel of watercolour paper and the Simple Stripes 6 x6" Stencil. I sprayed Dusty Concord Oxide Spray and Salvaged Patina Distress Spray Stain over top of it. I gently removed the stencil and set the panel aside to dry. I used a stitched rectangle die to trim it down once it was dry.

I cut out the letters 'SEAS' three times, using Anthony's Alpha Dies. Once from metallic card paper (top layer) and twice from white card stock, I then glued these all together with liquid glue.

I stamped the fish (from Fintastic Friends), gull and shell (from Beach Buds), coloured them with my copics and die-cut them out with the coordinating dies. I then stamped 'Seas the day!' onto white cardstock die-cut it out, and trimmed off the word 'Seas'. 


I used the Slimline Porthole Dies to die-cut some silver metallic paper (the same as the one I used for the letters 'SEAS') porthole. I die-cut the frame for the porthole die from white cardstock and glued them together. I used tape on the back to connect the striped panel to the porthole cover.

I created an A2 card base from white card stock and ink blended the edges with Prize Ribbon. In the centre portion where the porthole opening is, I ink blended Salvaged Patina Ink using my teal Beautiful Blender Brush. I used the bubbles section of the Making Waves stencil and ink blended on some white pigment ink. I glued down the two fish to this area and then added some sequins on top of them (for the shaker element). I added double-sided foam tape (doubled up) to the back of the striped panel and stuck this down to the card base.

I used liquid glue to stick down the sentiment, letters, shell and foam tape for the gull. I then added clear gems. to complete the card.

Thank you so much for reading my blog post, you can use my discount code T4TANNALISA10 when you visit the Time For Tea Designs shop to get 10% off your order.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like