Pages

Tuesday 9 August 2022

Fishtail banner dies - birthday card

Hi tea timers!

It's Miki here from the Design Team and I'm so excited to share with you today's card using the new release. How amazing are the Fishtail banner dies Jo designed? I came up with a super simple design using them.


I started by using the Fishtail banner dies and cut it from white card stock 5 times. I then took one of the die cuts and positioned it in my misti. I picked the It's your birthday sentiment from the Happy Hump Day stamp set and curved it to fit on my banner. I picked it up with my misti and did a trial run to ensure I was happy. I left that aside as it was a bit wonky. Once I was happy with the position of the sentiment I stamped it on all 4 banners in the Paris Dusk ink from Memento. I had to stamp it a few times to get a super deep blue. Next I folded my banners to ensure they were all standing up. 

For the background I used one of the designs from the Pawsome Rainbows paper pad and cut it slightly smaller than an A2 card. I added some foam tape to it and glued it on an A2 card base.

I then glued each of the banners on my pattern paper, trying to get an even alignment. I used liquid glue for this as it allows for a bit of wiggling around.

I then added some silver gems all around and that finished off my card.

I love the banner die, the dimension is amazing, I can't wait to see what you create with them!

Until next week!

Hugs,

Miki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like