Pages

Saturday 12 March 2022

Let's Catch Up!

 

Happy Saturday Teatimer's have you had a good week? I decided to mix things up this week and make a tag using the Happy Mail Die to create this fun cafe scene. I began by cutting out the Happy Mail Gift Card Holder Die twice out of the white card and cutting off the legs. Then in one of them I cut out a rectangle to create the window for the cafe front. Using the rectangle that I cut out I used the Small Inverted Scallop Frame Dies to create the canopy at the top and coloured it with yellow Copics and cut out a strip to create my counter top. Which I coloured up using a range a range of cold greys to create a marbled effect.
Taking the bottom tag piece I ink blended some Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide Ink. Then on top I adhered some white card that I had cut out using the Geometric Snowflake Cover Die, to create a tile effect for the background. For the front tag piece I blended Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry and Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxides and spritzed some water on to add some texture. I also took the Floral Bloom Stencil and used the Abandoned Coral to create some flowers and outlined them with a white Gelly roll pen. Lastly cutting out a hole on both pieces for the ribbon using the die from the Memory Keeping Essential Dies Set. 
I stamped out the critters from the Cafe Critters and added the coffee cart from the Snappy Before Coffee Stamp Set. I coloured them all up with copic markers and again added some with gelly roll to add some finishing touches.  
When adhering everything together I added foam tape to create layers so the critters were more in the foreground and there was some depth between the ones in the cafe and the dog that's making the coffees. This makes the tag look more 3-D and as though the dog is behind the counter of the cafe. 
It was fun to mix it up a little and do something different to a card I hope you like it too. You can find all the supplies in the Time for Tea shop and get 10% off your order using code T4TNATALIE10
Have a great weekend and I will see you all next week!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like