Pages

Saturday 28 January 2023

Valentines Week Inspiration - Donut know what I'd do without you

Hey Tea-Timers! I hope you're enjoying Valentine's inspiration week! Will you be joining the live class this afternoon? 

Today, I'm sharing another cute and punny card (I love a good pun on a card) which is destined to be my husband's Valentines card.


As a total bonus, this card was pretty quick and simple to make. I die cut two of the striped cover plate die from white card and stuck them together for a bit of sturdiness and dimension. I then used the same die to die cut scraps of various pink and red shades of card stock from my stash. 

I glued the background to a card base, then inlaid the scraps into the gaps. 


Next, I stamped two of the donuts from the We Go Together stamp set with Copic-friendly black ink, and added two of the little faces from the set. I coloured them in the following Copic shades: 

E31 / E51 (donut), RV17, RV14, RV13 (pink icing), R24, R22, R20 (red icing)

I added the donuts to the card with foam tape, then finished them by adding glossy accents to the icing for a nice shine!


I then created my sentiment by heat embossing the "I donut what I'd do without you" sentiment on to black card. I dusted it with anti-static powder to make sure I got a nice crisp sentiment, and used Wow! Embossing super fine white powder. I then trimmed the sentiment down using scissors so that it was in two parts, and attached it to the card with thin foam strips. 

Finally, I added a few red heart sequins I had in my stash, and that finished up today's card!

I hope you've managed to get some Valentine's crafting in - don't forget to take advantage of the Valentines sale while you can!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like