Pages

Wednesday 13 April 2022

New Memory Keeping Live - New Product Reveal and Flip Through

 We have a NEW video memory keeping video on our YouTube Channel today showing lots of fabulous NEW products that are now in store for your photo albums and scrapbooks.

I also do a flip through of my completed album pages for the month of February. This was a tough month for us but I'm so glad I got to document it and have those stories & pictures to look back on in the future.


I used a combination of my stamps, journaling cards and sentiment cards to embellish my photos and create my title card for the month. I picked colours from my photos to create a colour palette for my embellishments that help pull the whole layout together.


I love adding extra photos in between my pocket pages for special moments.


I backed the thank you card for baby Henry onto some clear acetate. This allows me to punch holes without damaging the original card. It also protects the reverse of the card too. Alternatively you could laminate this & cut slightly larger along the punched edge.


I also really enjoy adding flip ups to add extra photos and to conceal journaling. I just use some scraps of paper to create my hinge & then cover the mechanism with a journal card or photo.


The spreads in my album that focus on Clyde passing away were really special to me and I wanted to spend time recording this story in a different way.


Again I pulled colours from the photos for my embellishments, but kept them minimal as I didn't want to take away from the pictures themselves.


This half circle piece was created on my PC as a template. I typed out the poem 'The Last Battle' and then printed on velum.


Underneath the velum is this photo of me holding Clyde's paw while at the vets. I wanted to hide this under the soft velum as it still makes me so sad. I really am pleased with the final piece.


On the reverse of the half circle I placed this picture of a beautiful rainbow on a miserable day. This seemed an appropriate photo as we often talk about meeting our furry companions over the rainbow bridge one day.


Opposite the circle I printed a large photo of Clyde and I having a very typical cuddle. I love this photo. I used it to conceal some journaling of a personal message to Clyde. I used my craft knife to cut along the edge of my arm. I then added my tape runner adhesive to the back of the image but left a strip big enough for the journaling card I created, to slide in and out of the opening easily.


On the reverse of my large photo, I added several small square photos, 3 of which had flip ups with journaling on the back.


Again I kept embellishments to a minimum, simply using some tabs, patterned papers and a paw print stamp.





Our pocket pages also allow you to slot in other items of ephemera or journaling, which I did with the receipts from the vets.


Instagram is a great way of document how you feel in the moment. After Clyde passed away I posted on social media how I was feeling and I used these posts as the basis of some journaling under a filler card that I designed myself. The sentiment on the card is from Dickens and is so true.


I hope that you enjoyed this closer look at my February Album. You can see the video flip through as part of a Live video over on YouTube. The link is below.
All of the products used are from our Memory Keeping Collection.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like