Pages

Saturday 30 April 2022

Big Birthday Wishes!

 

The weekend is finally here again, have you anything nice planned? I’m hoping for a crafty day 🤞 I’ve been trying to build up my Birthday card stash as I can never seem to find one when I need one and the Hello Cupcake Stamp Set with the Big Birthday Wishes Sentiment Die is a perfect combination for this. 

I really wanted to create a rich chocolate cupcake and combined it with red since strawberries are red. Creating an almost monochrome look for my card. I love how mixing up the colours gives a completely different to your card. Here's one I made a couple of months ago with the same set using a range of pink tones.
 



The pinks make it really sweet and cute where I feel the rich red and brown combined with the monochrome background give it a more sophisticated grown up feel. 
For my latest card I used the Smile Inverted Frame Dies to create a frame for my card and layered the cute polka dot paper from the Sweet Summer 6x6 Paper Pad and layered some Velum over the top to tone it down a little. It's a great technique for adding some interest to the background but toning it down so it isn't quite so busy. 
Once the background was layered up I just popped on the rest of the images. For the Big Birthday Wishes Sentiment I layered red card over the top of the black for a little added interest. 
I love how my card turned out and my Birthday card stash is slowly coming together. This one is such a quick and easy card to make and you could easily mix up the colours for a whole different look. 
If you want to purchase any of the items you can find them in the Time for Tea Shop and get 10% off your order using code T4TNATALIE10 
Thanks for reading and have a lovely weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like