Pages

Wednesday 13 April 2022

Memory Keeping - some more techniques!

Hey everyone, welcome again to this month’s tutorial blog! I’m so excited to be staying on as part of the T4TD design team for another term and I would LOVE to know the kind of things you’d like to see in the blogs – send me your ideas, and I’ll try to make them happen!

This month, I’m going to be looking at memory keeping! A departure from my usual cardmaking comfort zone, but when Jo introduced us to her new memory keeping range a few months ago, I fell in love with modern memory keeping. If you’re a beginner to scrapbooking or memory keeping like me, this post I did back in November has some tips on how to get started!




For my latest double-page layout, I’ve got a video with a little walk-through, if you’d like to see it:



This is another double page spread in my Lockdown memory book. I’m using a T4TD binder, which I love, and the T4TD pocket pages to go inside which are 6x8”, split into two 3x4” sections at the top and a 6x4” section at the bottom.


For each double page, I pick a theme to focus on. This one is workout/exercise and tells the story of the things we did to exercise when we weren’t allowed out. I printed out the photos I wanted to include and noticed that blue, pink and yellow were the main colours jumping out, so I made sure that all of the papers and embellishments I used tied in with the colour scheme.

I’ll talk you through each section:

Left Page

In the top left section, I used a journaling card to add some text, setting the scene for the pages. I added one of the adorable pigs from the workout pigs stamp set, which I coloured with Copics, and then finished off the card with some enamel dots.



In the top right, I created a flip-up element by cutting a piece of scrap paper 3x1” and folding in half lengthways. I glued one half to the back of my photo, folded it around to the front of the photo, then glued another photo (facing upwards) on top. When you flip the top photo up, you’ll see the second photo underneath, and to hide the hinge on the reverse of the top photo, I adhered a journaling card with tape runner over the top. This also gave me the opportunity to add some more text. I used one of the sticky tabs on the bottom right hand corner of the top photo as a little handle to flip the top picture upwards.



In the bottom half, I used two photos – the first, I added a sentiment sticker to, and on the right hand photo, I die cut a polaroid-style frame using the Memory Keeping Essential Dies, which I glued over the top. I added the sentiment “I workout…just kidding I take naps” from the Workout Pigs set, and another sentiment sticker, too. I stuck both pictures to a scrap piece of 6x4” paper, so they stay in place nicely.

Vellum overlay – In between the two pages, I cut a strip of vellum about 2x8”, which I then hole punched in the centre, and I heat embossed the letters “WORKOUT” from the Outline Alpha stamp set vertically down the centre.

Right Page

For the top left section, I used another journaling card to list the things that we were loving then – namely online yoga classes and Andy’s Wild Adventures, as well as living room discos (the things featuring on the photos)!



On the top-right, I made another flip-up using the same technique as above. My top photo uses the same polaroid die as before and another sticky tab, and I’ve added another Workout Pig and a sentiment from the same set: “Eat, Sleep, Yoga, Repeat” to accompany the photo of me and my daughter doing yoga! This time, instead of a journaling card to hide the hinge, I used one of the papers from the Sweet Summer paper pad, cut down to 3x4”. Again, I’ve used a sentiment sticker on the photo underneath.

For the bottom section, I again cut some scrap paper to 6x4” and adhered a photo to the left hand side, and then on the right, I made my own journaling card by heat embossing some True Blue embossing powder by Wow! Embossing onto a 3x4” piece of card. To finish, I die cut the word DISCO using the Anthony's Alphas dies from foam, and then again from matte gold card, which I glued to the top of the foam, and then adhered the letters on the top of the pocket page, to give it a fun 3D effect. And of course, I finished it off with another piggy!



 

I hope that wasn’t information overload, and it gave you a few ideas of how you can document some of your own memories!

Jo does an amazing memory keeping live on Facebook and YouTube once a month, which is packed full of inspiration (and I’m learning a lot from every month!).

If you’re shopping this month, don’t forget discount code T4TJAYNE10 to get you 10% off everything in the T4T online store.

Stay well and stay crafty!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like