Pages

Tuesday 5 April 2022

Cupcake Birthday Wishes



Hi Tea Timers!

Welcome back to the blog! It's Miki here with a new card idea for you.

To start with, I took an A2 size panel and lightly ink blended the right hand side in Tumbled Glass and the left hand side in Cracked Pistachio. I then took the Scattered Hearts Stencil and went over it with a heavier hand of both oxides, fading it out towards the top. This creates a tone on tone effect in two shades. 

Next, I used the Zig Zag Frame & Tag Die to cut the panel. I used the negative for my background today. To add some interest to it I sprayed it with a mixture of Perfect Pearls and water. I keep this in a spray bottle and use it on almost all my cards. To pick up the excess water I used a paper towel and left the panel aside to dry.

For the images I used the Hello Cupcake stamp set. I stamped the cupcake on a scrap piece of card stock and coloured it in with the Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers. I then cut it and added some white highlights for extra details.

I used the Birthday Wishes sentiment from the same stamp set and embossed it in WOW White embossing powder towards the bottom. I added foam tape behind the panel and glued it on a top folding A2 card base. I also added foam tape to the back of the image and added it on top of the background panel. Lastly, I used the Ice Crystal Sequin Mix from Little Things by Lucy to add some more sparkle to my card.

This is perfect for a birthday and it was super fun to make. I'll have a reel on my Instagram showing you the process so make sure to check it out! 

If you decide to shop any of the products I used today, I have a 10% discount code site-wide: T4TMIKI10

See you next week with another project! 

Hugs,

Miki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like