Pages

Saturday 9 January 2021

Home Sweet Home

                                   


Happy Saturday everyone,  It's been a long week and I'm so ready for the weekend. I'll be staying home and catching up some missed crafting after a our first week of home school. What about you? Are you creating this weekend?
This week I was sad I didn't get to use the Spooktacular Stamp set as much as I wanted to at Halloween so I tried to think of ways to stretch it. I love to stretch my stamps as we know they aren't cheap so I like to get the most out of them.
I decided to combine it with the bear and accessories from the Home Sweet Home stamp set and another of the bears from the Bearing Gifts stamp set. I love that the bears all work so well together.
I started by cutting out three squares from the Quilted Square Nesting Dies two will form our card base and the other I used for the front of the card. I stamped out all my images and coloured them up with Copic Markers, the sky I just coloured up really simply with no shading other than with the little moons. 
The bears I chose some soft browns for so that they would stand out against that dark sky. Then for the books I like to not use too many colours so it doesn't distract the eye and keeps the card more uniform. I used the same yellow as the stars and used a darker shade of blue of the sky and mixed in some rich reds, and oranges. Then using the same red for the little cup. 
Once everything was coloured up I Die cut them out for the books though I removed the shelf that was under them afterwards as I wanted it to look like they were stacked up on the floor next to them.
I also needed to cut out the scallop circle die from the Spooktacular Coordinating Die set again out of white card this will just frame the sky like a window but still be quite subtle.
I popped everything on my card and then finished it up with the Home Sweet Home sentiment and that was my card finished up. I hope you like it and don't forget you can get 10% off in the shop using code T4TNATALIE10
Have a lovely weekend and I'll see you again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like