Pages

Wednesday 8 June 2022

You're a REEL star....!!

 Hey Tea-timers...

DT Ashlee here today. Who here loves going to the movies?...

I do, I do and I especially LOVE popcorn (and lollies) when I go!! I have a serious sweet tooth hehe.

Movies and popcorn is the theme for todays card, here is a list of the products I used...

- Movie night stamp and die collection

- Purrfect day scene builder

- Popping popcorn 6x6 stencil

- Mini slimline scallop



I just adore this movie night stamp set, I can tell its going to be a regular used set in my stash!!

To create this card I started with a light yellow cardstock that I die cut the base from the mini slimline scallop die set. I then used the popping popcorn stencil to add lots of popping popcorn to the background. The inks I used to do that are : Simon Hurley Shooting star and Slippery when wet.

The frame I die cut from a red cardtsock (mini slimline scallop die) and then added some curtains by die cutting them out of black cardstock (purrfect day scene builder) and adhering to the frame to make it look like a little theatre...

I added foam tape behind the frame and adhered to the popcorn base!!


I thought it would be fun to make a couple wooden tables full of treats and add them to the scene...

To do this I die cut them from the purrfect day scene builder set and inked them with Simon Hurley ink grrr!. I then stamped, coloured and die cut popcorn and drinks from the movie night set and popped them on the tables!!

The reel stars of the show are the adorable animals all ready for the movie, all coloured up using a mix of alcohol markers. (Copic, Spectrum noir tri-blend and Altenew).

To finish off the card I added a heat embossed sentiment and pretty gold sequins!!


I hope this card has inspired you to get creative and make a fun scene, I  had lots of fun making it...
Happy crafting, hugs Ashlee. 



Use code "T4TASHLEE10" for discount at the Time for tea designs store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like