Pages

Friday 24 June 2022

Using Pattern Paper for Backgrounds - Hey there critters


 

Hi friends,

Welcome back to the T4TD blog! I hope you loved the warm weather in the last week! It's Miki here and today I'm back with a new card using pattern paper. I love the new pads released in May so I had to come up with some ideas on how to use them. Stay tuned for another design coming next week!


For today's card I started by picking one of the Gorgeous Gingham designs and cut it to 3.25" x 4.5". I then glued it on top of an A2 card base. 

Next, I used the smaller frame in the Smile Inverted Scallop Frame Dies, cut it from white cardstock twice and glued them together for some dimension. I then cut the cloudy design from the Pawsome Rainbows pad and attached it to the back of my white frames. Pattern paper is perfect for quick and easy backgrounds!

I then used one of the negatives from the frame and cut a while hill using the Landscape Edge Dies and attached it on top of the clouds. When my framed background was complete I glued it on my card panel.

For the critters I used the Hey There Critters stamp set. I coloured them in using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers, added some white highlights and used the matching dies to cut them out. I wanted this to represent a summer scene so I arranged them on top of my frame using some foam tape. For the sentiment I used the Bonjour greeting from the same stamp set and white embossed it on black cardstock. I cut it using the matching dies and attached it to my card. 

I hope you like today's card, it's making me think of going for a picnic hehe! 

You can get 10% off on the website by using the T4TMIKI10 discount code. 

See you soon!

Miki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like