Pages

Tuesday 28 June 2022

Oval shaped card - using paper pads

Hi Tea Timers,

Welcome back to the T4TD blog! As promised last week, I am back with a new design idea for using pattern paper in your cards. 

I started today's card by die cutting the largest oval die in the Oval Scalloped Nesting Die set twice. I then scored one of them close to the top to make a fold and glued it on the back of the other oval. This created my card base. 

Next, I used the oval frame from the same set and die cut the frame twice in white and glued them together for extra dimension. For the background I used one of the designs in the Pawsome Rainbows paper pad and cut it a bit smaller than the outside of my oval frame. I also cut a piece of vellum to the same size and glued them at the back of the frame. By adding the vellum the of the colours on the pattern paper get a bit muted. For the grass I picked a green design from the Gorgeous Gingham paper pad and cut it using the oval frame die. This time I used the negative and cut it with the Landscape Edge Die and glued it on the inside of the frame. 

I chose to use the Hey there critters stamp set for my critters. I stamped the cute animals and some of the accessories and coloured them in with the Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers. I then used the matching dies to cut them out and added some white highlights for details. For the clouds I used the small dies from the Clouds Die set. I lightly ink blended the edges with Tumbled Glass and stamped the hello sentiment on one of them.

I arranged the images on the background and glued them down. Next, I glued the frame on the card front and that's it!

Thanks for tuning in! I hope you like today's card, it was a lot of fun to create. Remember, you can use T4TMIKI10 for 10% off your orders store-wide.

Hugs,

Miki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like