Pages

Friday 11 June 2021

Brighter Days Are Ahead

 


Hello everyone, happy Friday! DT Annalisa here showcasing the awesome Tree of Love Cover Plate Die from Time For Tea Designs. This die is a show stopper! When Jo revealed it to the design team, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it and start creating.

I knew it had to stand on its' own for the first card that I made using it, so I decided to pull out the alcohol inks. I don't use these very often as I get frustrated that they have a mind of their own. As a perfectionist, this is HARD.


I used some Ranger Alcohol Ink Yupo along with the following alcohol inks: Flamingo, Patina, Turquoise (Ranger) and Y11, BG13 (Copic Reinkers). In terms of technique, I added a base layer of 99% Isopropyl Alcohol to the yupo paper and then applied the various colours. I did a mixture of blowing with the Distress Marker Spritzer, moving the paper around and adding Tim Holtz Alcohol Blending Solution to get the inks mixing and moving.

I used a fan to help with air circulation, but by the end of the night of doing this with alcohol inks, I felt a little dizzy. They aren't kidding when they say to do this in a well-ventilated area! Next time, I might do this outside.


Once the cardstock was dry I used the Tree of Love Cover Plate Die to cut the Yupo, I used a metal shim due to the thickness of the Yupo and it cut beautifully. I then grabbed some shiny paper from my stash to add to the background of the tree.

Next, I added the 'brighter days ahead' sentiment from the Brighter Days Sentiment Cards | White on Black. To complete the card, I added the panel to a white card base.

Thank you so much for visiting the Time For Tea Designs blog, you can use code T4TANNALISA10 when you visit the shop to get a 10% discount on your entire order.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like