Pages

Saturday 5 June 2021

See you soon Friend!


 


Happy Saturday everyone, what a lovely week its been after weeks of rain its so nice to be enjoying the sunshine again. I've got another cute card for you today using the new release. I wanted to create a cute window scene with the critters waving out their windows at their friend whose driving home after having a catch up and a cup of tea.

I started out by cutting out the both of the frames from the Slimline Postage Stamp Frame Dies. the postage stamp shaped one I left as is. then on the plain rectangle one |I used worn lipstick distress oxide to stencil on the bricks using the Brick Wall stencil. For the windows I just placed the two little rectangles inside each other and coloured in the middle using squeezed lemonade and dried marigold distress oxides. 

I also needed to die cut out the word friend from the Slimline Scallop Nesting dies set I just used some black cardstock for this so it really popped. 

Once everything was die cut I began to work on my images. The critters are all from the Car Critters stamp and die set I just stamped and coloured out all of the images as they are quite small there wasn't much fancy colouring needed. I just added a few spots on the cow using warm grey Copics and added some rosy cheeks to the characters for some added little extras. After all the colouring was done I cut them out using the coordinating dies and started placing everything on my card. I started with the road at the bottom and added the car with the panda driving by. This made it easier to see how much space I had on my card. The windows were next making sure there was enough room for the sentiment in the middle. After I had stuck things down I felt like it was missing something so added some little paper aeroplanes from the Paper Plane Pals stamp and collection. I also felt it needed a pop of colour so used the squeezed lemonade and dried marigold to create a coloured card base. I just think its super fun how it turned out the critters could work for so many different things not just waving out of the car. I can't wait to see what other ideas people find for them. 

If you want to pick up any of the items I used today or any other items from the Time for Tea shop you can get 10% off your order using code T4TNATALIE10 . I hope you have a great weekend and I will see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like