Pages

Tuesday 18 January 2022

You make me snow happy - shaker card





Hello Tea Timers!

It's Miki here and today I'm back with some new inspiration for T4TD. This time around I made a shaker with the cute Skating By Penguins and I have a cool alcohol ink technique to share with you.

To start with, I took some photo paper - I use this as an equivalent to Yupo as it's more accessible and works just as well for today's technique. I then picked my alcohol inks in the following colours: Flamingo, Sailboat Blue and Silver Alloy. I took some blending solution and added it to my glass mat, then added droplets of my ink and used the blower to disperse them. I then took my photo paper and went right on top of the inks on my glass mat with the glossy side down. I added more colour as I needed but you can stop when you're happy. I left the background aside while I focused on the rest of the card. I'm sorry if I'm not doing too good of a job at explaining this, I filmed a reel which I'll post on my profile tomorrow so stay tuned for that.

For the images, I stamped two of the penguins from the Skating By Penguins and the snowballs and die cut them using the matching dies. I coloured them in with my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers, added Crystal Stickles on the penguins' hats and the snow balls and some white highlights for extra details.

Next, I used the Zig Zag Frame & Tag Die to cut the frame. I did this 6 times from white cardstock and glued 5 of them together. I then cut a sheet of acetate slightly smaller than my frame outline and glued it on top of the 5 layer stack. Next, I white embossed my sentiment towards the top of the acetate sheet. TIP: make sure you apply your anti static powder in a generous layer as acetate tends to hold on to your embossing powder any chance it gets! I then added my 6th frame on top. From one of the negatives of the frame die I cut some snowy hills using the Landscape Edge Dies and glued them inside the frame, on top of the acetate.

I then cut my alcohol ink background to the same size as the frame, added some sequins on top and glued my card front over it. I added the penguins and snow balls on top using foam tape and that was it.

I had a lot of fun creating this little scene and I hope you like it!

Please remember if you shop on the T4T website, you can use T4TMIKI10 for 10% off your whole order!

See you on Friday for the new release reveal!

Hugs,
Miki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like