Hey crafty friends, I'm back again today with another step-by-step tutorial, this time sharing a little trick to create an easy interactive card.
- Landscape Edge Standalone Die
- You Got Mail stamp set and co-ordinating die set
- Distress oxides in Mowed Lawn, Forest Moss, Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoon
- A 2p piece
- Foam tape and circular foam dots
- Slimline Postage Stamp Frame Dies
- White and black card stock
- White embossing powder, embossing ink and heat gun
1. Stamp, colour and die cut the images from the You Got Mail stamp set.
2. Take a panel of white card stock (mine was about 8" x 4") and in the centre, die cut the slider channel from the Landscape Edge die set.
3. Ink blend the sky and grass for the scene using distress oxides.
4. Cut the panel down using the Slimline Postage Stamp Frame die set.
5. Attach a foam dot to the reverse of the envelope die cut. Place a 2p piece behind the panel, and attach it to the foam dot through the channel. The envelope will now slide along the channel. TIP - if you use just one foam dot in the centre of your image, it will tumble around and rotate 360 degrees (this is a super fun thing to do with cute critter cards!). However, if you want your image to stay upright, add two or more dots - which is what I ended up doing here.
6. Add some double-height foam tape to the reverse of the panel (so the coin has enough space to slide around freely). Attach to a slimline cardbase, just bigger than your panel.
7. Attach your critters to the front of the scene with foam tape. I placed my snails on either end of the track, so that the letter was travelling between them.
8. Die cut some cloud shapes using the Paper Plane Pals die set, and glue to the sky.
9. Heat emboss the sentiment in white on to some black cardstock, and glue to the card, underneath the slider channel.
10. Finally, add some Glossy Accents to the stamp and the heart on the letter.
And there you have a, fairly easy to make, interactive slider card!
Don't forget that Time for Tea is having a Valentines Day sale from 9am on 12th Feb, up to midnight on 14th Feb! And if you don't shop the sale, you can always use my discount code T4TJAYNE10 to get 10% off all of your other items!
Happy crafting and see you again for another tutorial in March!
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!