Pages

Tuesday 22 February 2022

Love You Lots - alcohol inks on vellum



Hello Tea Timers!

It's Miki here and today I'm back with new inspiration! I made this card while I was at Natalia's house and it was so much fun, we tried a lot of alcohol ink techniques.

Firstly, I used the Smile inverted scallop die for the frame. I cut it 3 times from white cardstock and glued them together. Next, for the background I used alcohol inks on vellum. The colours that I chose are:

  • Gumball
  • Sunset Orange
  • Dandellion
  • Clover
  • Glacier
  • Boysenberry
I glued the frame on top of the vellum and then added a piece of white cardstock at the back for extra support. 

Next, for the sentiment I used the Love You Lots Large Sentiment Die. I cut it 3 times from white cardstock. To add some interest I embossed one of the die cuts in WOW! Halo embossing powder and then glued all 3 layers together. I added the sentiment to the middle of my card panel.

For the images I used the Bearing Gifts Stamp Set. I stamped the little bear and coloured him in. I then used the matching dies to cut him out. For the speech bubble I used the Concord & 9th Oceanside ink to stamp and the matching die to cut it out. 

I added them to my card panel using foam tape. I then created a matching card base and glued the panel on top.

This card was so much fun to create. I'm no expert in alcohol inks so I don't play with mine often enough, but they're always fun to experiment with. Do you have any technique you'd like to use more?

Please remember to use my code T4TMIKI10 for 10% off your order in the shop.

Hugs,
Miki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like