Pages

Saturday 19 February 2022

Happy Mail, Hugs Enclosed!


 

Happy Saturday Teatimer’s, have you had a good week? You might have seen this cute card during the blog hop last week, so I thought I’d share with you all how I made it. 

I finally got to use the Happy Mail Gift Card Holder Die Set. I didn’t use it as a gift cardholder though, I just used it to create a fun shaped card base. I wanted some texture on my card so cut out the Dotty Hearts Cover Plate Die and ink blended Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry, Kitsch Flamingo and Spun Sugar Distress Oxides over the top to give and ombré look. Finishing off with a few splatters of water to give some texture and some splatters of gold water colour paint.

 Setting that aside to dry I stamped cut out and coloured up the skunks from the Stinkin’ Cute Stamp Set. I coloured them up with COPIC markers and added some finishing touches with white gelly roll pen. The letters are from the Happy Mail Critters Stamp Set and the Be Kind Be You Stamp Set which also contains the hugs enclosed sentiment (which I stamped and heat embossed in gold) then the balloons are from the Smitten Kitten stamp set. I really do love to mix and match my sets! Once all the colouring was done I could began adhering my card together.

I cut out the biggest of the two mail box dies the larger rectangle and the letter box die out of hot pink card. Then taking the Dotty Hearts panel I cut the smaller mail box out of that and to save my card being bulky and time I cut out the smaller rectangle in the middle. Then layered everything on top of each other as you can see the larger pink rectangle covered the hole.

Before adding my critters I needed to make the rest of my sentiments I used the Happy Mail die from the Happy Mail Gift Card Holder Add on Die Set which cut out in gold and white and layered on top of each other to create a shadow and used the same hot pink for the happy bigger shadow. 

Then I just adhered everything together using foam tape on the critters to give some added depth and dimension. To make the card base I just cut out the bigger of the two mail box dies from white 360gsm card twice and scored one of across the top about 2cm down and added double sided tape above the line and attached my card together. Then all was left to do was adhere the top and that's my card finished up. I hope you like my card for today it's super fun and great for just sending happy mail to a friend. You can find all the products in the Time for Tea Shop and get 10% off any orders using code T4TNATALIE10. Have a great weekend and I will see you all next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like