Pages

Friday 1 July 2022

Eat The Cake

 


Hello and happy Friday. DT Annalisa here, for my weekly project, I created a celebration card for any occasion (including Canada Day which we are celebrating today in my neck of the woods!) using the Hello Cupcake stamp set and Eat the Cake Sentiment Die.


I die-cut the frame from the Zig Zag Frame & Tag Dies from some white card stock and set it aside for later. For the background panel (4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches), I ink blended Shaded Lilac, Kitsch Flamingo and Spun Sugar Distress Oxides using my Beautiful Blender Brushes. I added some white splatter using acrylic paint and a paintbrush. Once it was dry, I used double-sided tape to adhere it to a white card base. 


I stamped and coloured (with Copics) the giant cupcake and the mouse with a strawberry and used my Scan N Cut to cut them out. I added Glossy Accents to the strawberries and set them aside to dry.

I ink blended Peacock Feathers Distress Ink onto some white cardstock with my Aqua Beautiful Blender brush. I used the Eat the Cake die to cut out the sentiment from this. I die-cut the outline into vellum and then glued the sentiment onto this. For the sprinkles, I used the same Distress colours (Peacock Feathers, Shaded Lilac and Spun Sugar) that I cut with the same die set.


I used liquid glue to adhere the Zig Zag frame to the coloured panel. I then used double-sided foam tape to stick down the cupcake and the mouse with a strawberry to add some dimension. Next, I used liquid glue to adhere down everything else. I stuck down some pink and purple jewel embellishments that I have had in my stash for years.


Thank you so much for visiting my blog post. Don't forget to use my discount code T4TANNALISA10 when you visit the Time For Tea Designs shop to get 10% off your order.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like