Pages

Monday 4 July 2022

New Home... is Where The Heart Is!

 Hi Everyone and welcome back to the blog. Today I am doing a continuation of the Home Is series by creating a card that features another room in my dream house with Tiger Stripe wallpaper. You can see the first room here on my previous blog post. 

Today I am creating a living room scene using sets from the latest release.


Sets used:

As always, I cut my card panel using the largest die in the Autumn Scene Cover Plate die set. I first taped off the bottom portion or the card pabel using low tack tape. I then blended Tattered Rose on the top portion of the panel. I took the Tiger Stripe Stencil and blended Saltwater Taffy and Worn Lipstick. I wanted to leave a portion of the floor white so the paw prints I was going to add later could shine through.


I then took the images from the Home is Where The Heart Is stamp set and stamped them out. I used the following Copic Markers to color them:

  • Couch: B91, B93, B95, B97
  • Lamp: R20, R22
  • Table: E31, E33, E35
  • Phone: BG11, BG13, BG15
  • Plant: R20, R22, YG21, YG23, YG25
  • Window: V000, V01, V04, YG21, YG23, B00, B01
  • Carpet: RV11, RV13
  • Cat: YR00, YR02, YR04


I then cut out the images using the coordinating die set and set the images to the side. I took the love word die from the Circle of Love Nesting die set and cut it out of purple cardstock to create a little pillow dor the chair. I took the New Home sentiment die and cut it out from mint cardstock and also white cardstock. For the heart, I used the same colors and blended the Tiger Stripe stencil over it.

I then adhered all my components using liquid adhesive. Once I had the elements glued onto the panel, I took the Paw Print Stencil and blended Shaded Lilac to make it look like cat was just a bit mischievous.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. I love being able to create different rooms to make a cohesive set of cards. If you liked any of the products that I used, use the code T4TRANDY10 for extra savings. Have a crafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like