Pages

Sunday 11 June 2023

Queen for the Day

Happy Sunday, crafty folks, it's DT Jayne here! Have you managed to get in the craft room this weekend? We’re enjoying the sunshine as a family (summer seems to have finally arrived in England), so crafting is on hold, but I thought I’d share this card I made a few weeks ago with some of the newer Time for Tea Designs goodies.


When I saw the kitties with their crowns in the Queen for the Day stamp set, I immediately pictured one of those quilted, luxurious cushions, and so I set out to make a card that replicated that look.


I took some pale pink card stock and die cut it using the Stitched Quilted Cover die. I added the stitched panel to a card blank, and about 1/3 of the way down, I die cut a small circle, just bigger than one of the kitties. I glued the circle I’d cut out to the inside of my card by adding some glue to the back, closing my card, then placing the diecut circle into the hole cut in the stitched panel, so the pattern was lined up. To finish the card base, I used a corner rounder on each of the corners.



Next, I stamped, coloured and die cut (using the co-ordinating dies) one of the kitties wearing a crown. The Copics I used were W5, W3, W1 and W0 for the cat (with RV11 for the cheeks and ears), RV14, RV13 and RV11 for the collar and crown, and gold pen for the gold accents.


I stamped and die cut my sentiment and added it to the front of the card, and to finish, I placed a small pearl at each point where the stitching crossed on the front of the card. I thought it really gave that quilted, cushioned look I was after, so I was pleased!


Thanks for joining me again today and don’t forget to use discount code T4TJAYNE10 to get yourself a discount off your next T4T order!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like