Pages

Saturday 17 June 2023

Welcome home to the mole hill!

 


Hi everyone, DT Emma here sharing how I made this adorable welcome home card. I love the idea of the moles in the garden and I thought they would make a cute welcome home card. 

To start I created the base from 6 x 4.75 inch sized solar white cardstock, I cut that three times for each layer then using the Landscape Edge Die Set I cut one piece with the hill die and one piece with the grass border. 

I used Lucky Clover distress oxide (with Rustic Wilderness for the splatters) to ink blend the grass then Gathered Twigs distress oxide (Black Soot for the splatters) to ink blend the underground soil, finally I used a mix of Tumbled Glass and Broken China distress oxide to ink blend the sky. 

I adhered each piece together to create the background. Next for the images. 

I stamped and die cut the images I wanted to use and used the following Copic Sketch markers to colour them in:

Soil: E37 & E33
Moles: W7, W5, W3 (R30 for their noses)
Rocks: T2
Grass: YG17
Glasses: B000
Flowers: RV34 & RV11
Trowel & Fork: G97 & T2
Bee: Y35
Worm: R30 (RV34 and Y35 for the flower)


I die cut H, M and E using a stitch alphabet die set in my stash and coloured those with a mixture of YG09 and E37 then covered them with glossy accents. Once dry I used foam tape to adhere them to the card either side of the moles head to create HOME. I then stamped out the word WELCOME. 


That is my card done! Hope you all love it as much as I do and I will see you again next week. 
If you are shopping on the site this weekend don't forget to use my code T4TEMMA10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like