Pages

Monday 26 June 2023

Queen for the Day

Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. DT Randy here with a new scene mixing new and older sets. I really like the new Queen for the Day stamp set and wanted to use build a scene around the cat on the pillow with the crown. 


I took a look at the other sets with cats and thought the ones in the Kitty Capers stamp set would pair perfectly. I especially love the image of the cat in a pounce position. Is this cat bowing down or ready to take the crown?

Sets used:
(Queen for the Day stamp and die bundle available here)




I first stamped the images and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. For the cats, I used C-0, C-2, C-4, C-6 Copic markers to color them. For the other images I used RV21, RV23, RV25, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28, YR21, YG23.

I then took an A2 panel and blended Cracked Pistachio and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxides. With the Pawsome Prints stencil, I blended it over the background with Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers. 


With the Alpha dies, I cut the word 'QUEEN' out of gold cardstock. I took the sentiment and heat embossed it onto pink cardstock with white embossing powder and trimmed it down.

To create the floor, I took the wood die piece and cut it out 15 times. With the size of my panel, three the wood pieces fit in one row. The floor itself is 5 rows wide. I then adhered it onto another panel and trimmed off the excess piece. I blended it with Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress Oxides. 


I assembled my card using liquid adhesive and foam tape.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post and the scene I created. All the sets that I used today are linked above. If you want to purchase any of the sets, use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout. Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like