Pages

Monday 7 August 2023

DIY: Beehive Frame - Bee Happy

 Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog! I have a new tutorial today on how you create your own beehive frame with the help of a die you may already have in your stash. This is another way you can stretch your dies as well.

Sets used:

I first started out with an A2 Panel and cut out the middle using an oval die. Using the Bee Hive slimline die, I cut it out of cardstock twice. I collected all of the hexagons to help build my frame. If you don't have this die set, you can use hexagon dies as well.


I  started to glue the hexagons over the frame using liquid adhesive. I then trimmed off any pieces from the edges. For the parts that are visible at the inner portion, I trimmed those as well.



I then took Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxides and blended it over my frame. I splattered white watercolor over it to give some texture.

Using a second A2 panel, I took one of the slimline pieces I die cut out and used it as stencil with scattered straw.


I stamped out the images of the bees and die cut them out using the coordinating dies. I then used Y11, Y13, Y15, Y19 Copic Markers to color them.

I decided on the sentiments and stamped it directly onto the back panel. I then took my frame and adhered it onto the back panel using liquid adhesive. For my bees I adhered it onto my card using foam dots.


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial today and will feel inspired to create your own frames. Check out the links above for all the products that I used today. Use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout for some savings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like