Pages

Tuesday 1 August 2023

Step by Step Tutorial - stretch your supplies and use those scraps!

Hey Tea-Timers, how are you? I hope you’re enjoying your summer! Today I’m sharing a card I made using leftovers from another project. Do you remember the bee shaker card I made recently (here!)? Well, I hate waste (especially from crafting), so I gathered up the leftover hexagons and got buzzy…



What you’ll need


Instructions

Die cut the slimline hexagon die from white card (I had already done this for another card, and saved the hexagons). Stick the hexagons down on to a sticky mat, if you have one (otherwise, you could just use low tack tape).



Ink blend the hexagons in yellow and oranges – starting with the lightest in the centre and blending outwards to the darkest.




Grab an A2 white card panel. To make sure the hexagons are lined up properly, place a piece of masking tape or washi tape down the left-hand side of the panel, and using liquid glue, glue the hexagons down the page, lining the edges up with the masking tape. Leave a small gap between each hexagon (I just eyeballed this).



Stamp, colour and die cut two of the bees. I used the following Copic markers to colour the bees:
Y17, Y15, Y13 (bees), BG10, BG000 (wings), R20 (cheeks)
E53, E51, E50 (basket), Y15 (flowers)



To create the sentiment, I applied some anti-static powder to black card and stamped the sentiment with embossing powder before applying fine bright white embossing powder, and heat setting. I die cut the sentiment with the co-ordinating dies and added it to the card with foam tape, along with the two bees.




I trimmed a small amount  off the left and right sides of the card panel, then matted the panel on to a black A2 card base.



For the inside of the card, I added a piece of white card, just smaller than A2, then stamped one of the bees in the bottom right corner. I masked off part of the "bee happy" sentiment, to stamp just the "Hap" section, then followed it with the "bee" section to make "Hap-Bee" and added "birthday" underneath. A great way to stretch your sentiments!







Thanks for joining me again today! Don't forget you can use discount code T4TJAYNE10 to get 10% off your next order!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like