Pages

Monday 14 August 2023

Jump For Joy (It's Almost Sweater Weather!)

 Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. DT Randy here very ready to get away from the heat and into some sweater weather! We are so close to the Autumn season and I was reminded of another fun way to stretch your stamps. I love taking a set meant for one season and repurposing it for another.

The Stop Dachshund Around stamp set was meant to be used for Winter cards but I wanted to use it for an Autumn card to signify sweater weather!


Sets Used:

I first stamped out the images of the two dachshunds and their sweaters. I wanted my dachshund to jump into a pile a leaves so I then stamped out the leaves several times, masking off certain parts so they did not overlap. I fussy cut the images out and used Copic Markers to color them.


I then took an A2 panel and cut out 2 hill pieces using the landscape dies. I blended these pieces with Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxides.

I then cut out the tree trunk from white cardstock and blended it with Tea Dye and Gathered Twigs Distress Oxides. 

On another A2 panel, I took a cloud stencil and blended it with Scattered Straw and Dried Marigold to create my fall sky. I love the look of the subtle clouds with this combo. 


I glued my hill and bundle of leaves first using liquid adhesive. I then added my tree trunk. Before I adhered the two dachshunds, I stamped my sentiment directly onto my panel. 

To complete my card, I adhered the two dachshunds.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial today. The Autumn Scene Cover Plate die is still on sale and will no longer be available once sold out! Don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout for extra savings! Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like