Pages

Monday 21 August 2023

Hello Baby - Repurposing Easter Sets

 Hi Tea Timers and welcome back to the blog! Today, I wanted to showcase a card in which I repurposed some of the Easter sets that I had in my stash. I love finding other uses for typically Holiday oriented supplies and so I decided they could be used to make baby shower cards or gender reveal cards.

Sets used:

(Eggstra Special Birthday stamp + die bundle available here)

I first took an A2 Panel and blended Kitsch Flamingo, Scattered Straw, Twisted Citron and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxides over the panel. I then took the stencil and blended Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers over the stencil.



With the 'hello' die, I cut it out of gold cardstock. I cut the word 'baby' out of teal and pink cardstock. With the egg die, I cut it out of white cardstock.

I stamped out the image of the chicken and used the coordinating die set to cut it out. I then used Y11, Y13, and Y17 to color the chicken.

With the egg diecut, I wanted it to look the like the egg hatched and so I took scissors and cut the egg in half with a zigzag pattern. If you have a zigzag die, you could use it to cut the egg in half.



To assemble my card, I first laid out where I wanted the sentiments to go and spaced it enough to include the egg and the baby chicken.

I used liquid adhesive to adhere all my elements. This is a very quick and easy card and can be made if you are in a time crunch. 

Most of the Easter sets are on sale right now in the shop and so it is the perfect time to stock up. Use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout for eggstra savings! Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like