Happy May, Tea-timers! I have been meaning to try a light-up card forever, so when I got the Let's Spoon stamp set a couple of weeks ago in the Treat Yourself Tuesday sale, the little light bulb images just called out to be lit up, and I finally broke out my E-Z Lights from Pear Blossom Press.
To make your own, you'll need:
- White and grey cardstock
- Copic markers (I used Y19, Y08, Y15, Y02 for the yellows and C5, C3, C0 for the greys)
- A tiny die (I used the heart from the Paper Plane Pals set)
- E-Z Lights
- Foam tape
- Clear tape
1. Stamp two of the light bulb images onto white cardstock, cut to 3.75" x 5". Stamp the sentiment below, and the light switch toward the bottom right.
2. Colour the light bulbs and light switch using Copics.
3. Use a tiny die to cut a small hole in the centre of each light bulb.
4. Separate one of the lights sets from the pack of three, and insert the battery. The three tiny lights on the end of the wires should light up when you press the small button.
5. Place the stamped panel over the card base to work out where the light switch and bulbs will go. Mark their position with a pencil on the card base.
6. Attach the battery pack to the card base with double sided tape, underneath where the light switch will go. Place the lights over your pencil marks for the light bulbs and secure with tape. Tape down the rest of the wires so they won't poke out the side of the card front. Place your card front over the light set and press the light switch image to ensure everything is in the right place.
7. Colour a scrap of vellum with a yellow Copic marker and glue it in place behind the light bulb images.
8. Attach the card front to the card using double height foam tape, to ensure there is enough room for the battery pack.
And here's the finished product:
Thanks again for tuning in and don't forget to use discount code T4TJAYNE10 to get 10% off your next purchase. Until next time, happy crafting!!
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!