Pages

Monday 25 October 2021

BIG HUGS and alcohol inks

 Hello, Tea Timers! 

It is Natalia here. I hope your weekend was as awesome as mine! I went to the Stamperama craft show up in Harrogate and had the best time! It was so great to meet Jo and Ant as well as Natalie and Jayne from the design team - we even did some crafting together! 

Now, let's talk about today's card! I took my alcohol inks out, which doesn't happen often, and made a few backgrounds with them. This rainbow coloured one was my favourite of all! and thought it would go so nicely with the 'big hugs' sentiment die.

The colours I used were: 

  • Rosewood
  • Dandelion
  • Clover
  • Glacier
  • Boysenberry
  • Sterling alloy for some shine


I certainly require more practice with these inks, and I should probably watch more videos on how to use them, but the main thing is that I had soooo much fun just playing with these - it was great! Watching the colours move is fascinating. I would recommend watching Jennifer McGuire's videos on alcohol inks for ideas. 

The big hugs sentiment die cut is a die I love because it is the right size to fill up your A2 card panel and it has a drop shadow (a must for sentiments in my books!). 

I die cut it from white cardstock 3 times, for dimension, and for the upper layer, I inked up some white cardstock with my WOW embossing pad and added some Catherine Pooler Halo embossing powder - it is soooo shinny! I love it. I then die cut the word HUGS from it, ensuring that only half of the letters had the embossing on it. I repeat the process with the word BIG and mounted all my letters together. 

Next, to ensure each letter was straight on the back shadow, I created a guide template: I die cut the BIG HUGS and shadow dies together, and used the openings as a guide to glue down my letters onto the vellum shadow.

I added a few sequins and gems and that completed my card!


I love how it turned out, it is so colourful and happy! I hope you do too. 

For a 10% off the Time for Tea Designs shop, use the code T4TNEILA10

Sending hugs,
Natalia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like