Pages

Tuesday 5 October 2021

Follow Your Dreams with Unicorns in Training

 Hi crafty friends!  Its Elaine here today with my final Guest Designer card.  I absolutely adore anything and everything unicorns so I had to use this Unicorns in Training set.  

I stamped lots of images from the Unicorns in Training stamp set on to copic friendly cardstock.  I used some fun pink and purple copic markers to colour the mains and tails of the unicorns and for the body I used some light cool greys to give the image depth.  Here are the copic colours I used:

RV19, RV17, RV10, B66, B63, B60, V15, V12, V01, RV10, RV00, Y15, Y13, Y11, C3, C1, C00

I used the Unicorns in Training co-ordinating dies to cut out all the images and set them aside to work on the background.


Taking a piece of heavyweight white cardstock measuring 3.25" x 8.25" I began blending on Distress Ink in the shades Picked Raspberry, Blueprint Sketch and Dusty Concord in sections on the card.  I used the Time for Tea Designs Blending brushes to apply the ink and a very light hand to ensure a smooth blend.  To give the background a distressed look I splattered on some clean water with a smooth paint brush and dabbed the card with paper towel to leave some white spots.  I also added some ink splatters in the same Distress Ink colours over the co-ordinating areas to look like stars in a unicorn utopia!

I ran the distressed panel through my die cutting machine with the Slimline Scalloped Trio Circle Nesting Dies to created the three scalloped windows  I also second largest nesting rectangle to trim down the panel.  To create the panels behind the windows I blended on Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry, Blueprint Sketch and Dusty Concord on to small pieces of card slightly larger than the window openings.  I concentrated more colour at the top of the panel to give a gradient effect.

I used the largest rectangle die in the Slimline Scalloped Trio Circle Nesting Dies to cut a base from white card and adhered the two panels together.  I made my cardbase by cutting a piece of white heavyweight card to 7" x  by 8.5" and scored at 3.5 on the 7" edge.  Before applying the scalloped aperture panel to the card base I adhered the gradient panels behind the windows then secured the whole piece to the front of the cardbase.  I used liquid adhesive to adhere all my stamped images

For the sentiment I white heat embossed the word 'Dreams' and 'Follow your' on to white card stock.  I gently applied some Dusty Concord Distress Ink on the heat embossed sentiments to help everything co-ordinate.  The first part of the sentiment was cut into a thin strip and secured behind the die cut 'Dreams' to help it all blend together.

Finally, I went over (nearly all!) of the images with some Wink of Stella clear sparkle pen.  There can never be too much shimmer on a unicorn card!

That finishes up this card! Thank you so much for joining me today and I hope you have enjoyed all of my creations for Time for Tea Designs.  Take care everyone and have a great week! xxx Elaine xxx

.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like