Pages

Friday 29 October 2021

Memory Keeping Happy Planner Style

 


Annalisa here, sharing something a little different from my usual card creation. I have made a couple of memory pages in my Happy Planner using elements of the brand new release. My husband and I discovered a love of hiking last year and we have enjoyed so many hikes. I decided to create a spread dedicated to a hike we did this October at Rock Dunder, located in Eastern Ontario. We absolutely LOVE hiking in the fall, as it is cooler and you get to enjoy the beautiful colours of fall.

On all of our hikes, I stop and take A LOT of photos so I needed a two-page spread to showcase the beauty of this location. To start, I went through my photos and added several to my favourites folder on my iPhone. From there, I imported them into one of the most used apps on my phone – Snapseed. I just love editing my photos in this app, mind you with my new iPhone Pro 13 the photos are pretty incredible as is!  

Once the images are edited I import them into Photoshop and I have templates to fit the boxes in the Happy Planner layout. I have ones for one box, two, etc. depending on the photo I want to add. I then print them onto photo paper with my Xerox printer and cut them out with my paper trimmer.

The best part is starting to create my layout and figuring out how I want to show the ‘story’ or memory. For this spread, I used two pages for one day rather than the traditional weekly spread that is in the Happy Planner. I used photos, paper, stickers, etc. to cover up the dates and the calendar and notes sections. I started on the right and finished that page before starting on the left page, I do however layout the images on both pages before starting to adhere anything down.


I use double-sided tape to adhere everything for the most part, as the paper isn’t very thick so I didn’t want it to warp. I used several of the NEW and awesome products including, Memory Keeping Essentials Dies, This & That Stamps, Creating Memories Stamps, Tall Alpha Stamps, Sweet Summer Ephemera Pack, and the two new sticker packages - Noted Tabs and Mood Circle Stickers & A5 Label and Banner Sticker Sheet.

I also paired the new release with some goodies from previous releases: Paper Plane Pals (Panda), You’ve Got Mail (mushrooms), Woodland Critters (acorn, leaf), Butterflies  (mushroom)  Spring Blooms Dies (leaves) and the Sweet Summer 6x6' Paper Pad.

For the journaling, I use my Micron 05 black pen, I am particular with the pens I use as I like a nice thick line. I stamped with various inks including oxides - please note that most inks will show on the other side of the page on this particular paper. I also used Distress Oxides to colour the edges of the pages.


Thanks for stopping by, I hope that this helps inspire you to give memory keeping a try! Don't forget you can get 10% off at the T4T store using my discount code – T4TANNALISA10.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like