Pages

Saturday 13 May 2023

New Baby!

 


Hi everyone, DT Emma here! Today I am sharing how I made this new baby card featuring the Loads of Love stamp set. 

 I loved the idea of creating a laundry scene for a new baby card and this stamp set is perfect. I started by die cutting a stitched rectangle from the pink floral paper from the Pastel Papers, using this as the wallpaper for the laundry room. I then cut out a separate stitched rectangle from plain white cardstock and stamped out a woodgrain effect. I coloured the woodgrain using copic colours E21, E53 and E33. 

I cut both stitched rectangle pieces so that I had a wall and floor and adhered them to an A2 card blank. When looking at it I felt it needed a skirting board so cut a strip from plain cardstock to break up the background. 

I then stamped and die cut the images from the Loads of Love set, placing them on the background until I had the scene I wanted. I coloured the images using the following copic markers:

Bunnies: E41, E42 and E43 (using R32 for the cheeks)
Baskets: BG11, BG32, BG13 and then E11 and E33
Washing Machine: C9, C3, C1 and C0 (R27 for the dial)
Iron: B000, B00, B01 (C3 and R27)
Detergent: G07, YG09 and G03
Dirty Laundry: G12, R30, Y11 and V000
Dress: RV10, RV21 and RV13


For the sentiment I die cut a banner in plain white cardstock then stamped "Congrats" from the You're engaged stamp set and "it's a" from two different stamps in the Fintastic Friends stamp set. I use masking tape to ink only the words I need for the sentiment then remove the masking before stamping. 

For the "GIRL" I die cut each individual letter from a standard alpha die set five times and adhered each layer together then coloured the top with copic colour RV29. 

I hope you all love this card as much as I do. If you are shopping on the Time for Tea site today don't forget to use code T4TEMMA10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like