Pages

Thursday 11 May 2023

How to Create A Double Sided Shaker Card



Hey there, Tea Timers!!  It's Amanda here sharing a really cool shaker card with you today!

Keep reading to see how I created this interactive card!

First, I die cut 2 scalloped frame dies of the same size.  You could use any frame dies for this project.  You could also use regular rectangle dies and just layer 2 of them to create your own frame!
Once cut, I put a thin strip of double sided tape around the entire frame.

Next, I cut down TWO pieces of acetate/window plastic to fit the frame.  I trimmed them with my trimmer, but you could also die cut them with your frame dies and they will fit perfectly!
Once I had them trimmed down, I removed the backing from my double sided tape and adhered the acetate to the frames.

Next, I used thin strips of deep foam tape to border ONE of the frames.

Then, I added my sequin/shaker mix in the center of the acetate of the non-taped frame.  After that, I simply removed my tape backing and attached the 2 frames together!


Now, for creating the rest of the card!  I stamped my images from the Just Married and You're Engaged Stamp Sets.  

Note:  These stamps sets are designed to work together!!  How cool is that?!  The cars, kitties and champagne glasses all line up so that you can create a 2 sided card!

Then, I colored them with Copic markers and die cut them out using the coordinating dies.  
Now, I can start adhering my images to the front and back of the card!


The last step is to create my sentiments for both sides of the card!  I trimmed 2 pieces of black cardstock that are the same size, stamped my sentiments with embossing glue ink, applied white embossing powder, and then melted the powder with my heat tool.

That's it!  Here are some more images of the finished card!











Thank you so much for stopping by the Time for Tea Designs blog today!  Don't forget!  You can shop the New Release now!
Xx, Amanda













 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like