Pages

Thursday 4 May 2023

How to Create an Easy One-Layer Landscape Backdrop

 

 Hi crafty friends!!  It's Amanda here sharing a sweet kitty card with you!  Today, I wanted to share with you how to create an easy one-layer backdrop that has lots of dimension!

To create this landscape, I'm only going to use the 6x6 Scene Builder Stencil, some blending brushes, and some inks!

First, I will start the grassy hills.  I'm going to start by grabbing my Catherine Pooler Matcha ink (but you could use any green ink) and using the edge of the stencil that looks like a slight hill.  I'm going to do the first hill the darkest and starting at the bottom of the panel.  This will be the one closest to the viewer and the most "clear".  Next, for my middle hill, I'm just not going to push my blending brush down AS hard as I did on the first hill.  I'm going to clean my stencil and flip it over to get a different slope.  For my last hill, the "farthest" one, I'm going to very lightly blend with the ink that's left on the brush.

For my clouds, I'm going to start with my darkest color at the top.  For me, that is Bellini.  Next, I'm going to blend Apricot, then Buttercream.  As I'm doing each cloud, I'm letting some of the previous color stay on the stencil, that helps me get a nicer gradient!

Now, I'm going to stamp and color my images from the NEW Oops a Daisy stamp set!  I'm going to stamp them with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and then color them in with Copic alcohol markers.  I am going to use the coordinating dies to cut them out.

The last step is to start assembling the card!  I'm using 3D foam squares to adhere my cute kitties.  For the kitty laying down, I've given her 2 foam squares so she's popped up a bit more than the others.

I use large foam tape to attach my white scalloped panel to my white card base and then liquid glue to adhere my landscape panel.

That's all for me today, friends!  I hope you've gotten some inspiration from this post and have time to get crafty today!  See you back here in a week with another post using the New Release!

Xx,Amanda











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like