Pages

Saturday 20 May 2023

Oops I forgot your birthday...



 

Hi everyone, DT Emma here sharing how I made this belated birthday card using the Oops a Daisy stamp set. 

First I started by die cutting my slimline pieces using the Slimline Scalloped Trio Circle Nesting Dies. I die cut the largest rectangle from kraft cardstock and the mid sized rectangle from Neenah solar white cardstock. 

For the main background I took the white slimline piece and ink blended Distress Oxide Dried Marigold from the bottom up and then Distress Oxide Kitsch Flamingo from the top down leaving a faint white separation between the colours. I then used a wet paint brush with some Kitsch Flamingo to create the splatters. 

For the images I used the two cats holding daisies looking away from each other, stamped them with alcohol friendly ink along with two of the individual daisy flowers and then coloured with copic markers. 

For the sentiment I wanted to use the "Oops a Daisy I forgot your birthday" sentiment but wanted to make a statement feature, so I ink blended a scrap of white cardstock with Distress Oxide Picked Raspberry to a faded blend. I then used my alpha dies to die cut the letters for "Oops". Once I had the letters cut I put glue on the bottom half and poured chunky glitter over them to add some sparkle to the blended fade. When they were dry I propped them up with foam strips and adhered them to the centre of the blended background. 

I stamped the rest of the sentiment using the Oops a Daisy stamp set on white card stock in plain black ink and cut round with my trimmer. 

I put the whole card together, with the cats either side of the Oops and then adhered that piece to the Kraft slimline background and then onto a plain white card blank. 



Hope you all love this card as much as I do. Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like