Pages

Tuesday 23 November 2021

Coffee - because adulting is hard!


Hi Tea Timers! Welcome back to the T4TD blog! 

It's Miki here and today I'm back with some new inspiration! If you've been following me for a while you must know I am a coffee addict, hence I LOVE all the coffee sets from Time for Tea Designs. For today's card I picked the Coffee Lover stamp set - it's just so versatile, I had to make a card with it.


For this card I chose to do watercolors - say whaaat!? You might have guessed by now that this isn't my jam but I tried this technique in one of the Online Card Classes many moons ago and I loved it. To start with, I cut a panel of Canson Watercolor Paper and taped it to a board. I then took some thin washi tape and started creating some geometric shapes. Once I was happy with my design, I went in with my watercolors - I use the Mozart Komorebi palette. I tried to pick earthy tones like browns, muddy yellows, dark greens etc. I usually just mix my paints to get new shades and if it doesn't work out the way you think, not to worry! you can just paint over it. Once I was done with my panel I immediately removed all the tape and left it aside to dry. - I filmed a reel while making this background which will be available on my Instagram tomorrow if you're interested to see this in action!

While the panel was drying, I focused on the coffee cups. I picked some beige cardstock and the coffee cup from the Coffee Lover stamp set and embossed it in gold 3 times. I then used the matching die to die cut them. For the sentiment, I decided to use a dark green cardstock and emboss it in clear embossing powder to make it stand out. I love how Jo makes matching sentiment dies in her sets - I think they give such a neat look to a card. I then used the die to cut another 2 times from the same cardstock to add some dimension to my sentiment strip.

Once my panel was dry I picked the largest die from the Mini Slimline Scalloped Dies and die cut my panel. I made a cardbase slightly larger than my panel and adhered my panel to it using foam tape. I then added my 3 coffee cups, again with some foam tape at the back for extra dimension and glued my sentiment down. To finish off the card, of course I added some gems to frame everything.

I hope you like this card and I hope it encourages you to try a technique that you're less comfortable with. I had so much fun playing with watercolors again!

If you shop on the T4TD website, please remember to use my code T4TMIKI10 for 10% off your whole order.

Thanks for tuning in and I'll see you next week with the new release reveal!!

Crafty hugs,
Miki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like