Pages

Tuesday 9 November 2021

Warm Winter Wishes Bookmark

Hi Tea Timers! Welcome back to the T4TD blog! It's Miki here and today I'm back with some new inspiration. This time I used the Warm Winder Wishes stamp set to create a magical bookmark. I love reading and I have many friends who do too so I thought this would be great for a hand made Christmas gift.


To start with, I used the smallest die in the Slimline Scallop Nesting Dies set and paired it with a smaller rectangle to die cut a window in my panel. I cut this combination from white card stock 5 times. I then took one of my frames and ink blended it using Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide. To create the shaker, I cut some acetate to go behind my blue frame and glued it down. I then glued 3 of the white frames on the back of that. I picked some cute sequins and added those into my window. Mine are a bit flat, so 3 layers of card stock was enough for them to move around but if your sequins have more dimension, you should add more layers to your bookmark. Once my sequins were in I glued another sheet of acetate to the back of the bookmark. This creates the window. To make sure none of that glue was visible form the back I then glued my last frame on top of the acetate, at the back.


Next, I focused on the scene. I die cut another piece of card stock using that small Slimline Scallop die and then die cut it twice again using one of the Landscape Edge Standalone Die - the aim here is to create two "hills" with that scallop pattern around the edges. To add some interest, and let's be real for some fun sparkle, I chose to add embossing powder all over my hills. I took my Versafine embossing ink and applied it all over my two hills - any embossing ink will work here. Then I applied a generous layer of WOW Embossing Powder in Sparkling Snow - isn't that a fitting name? and heat set it. Please make sure you get rid of any excess powder before heat setting. I didn't and ended up covered in glitter - not that it's a bad thing haha! Once my hills were nice and sparkly I glued them on the front of my bookmark, at the bottom.

Moving on to the images. I thought long and hard about what my scene should be and in the end I settled on the cute penguin decorating his Christmas tree. I stamped the penguin and the tree along with some bulbs and colored them in using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers. I then die cut them using the matching dies and added some white highlights. I arranged them as a scene and glued them together. I then used some foam tape and added those to the front of my bookmark.

I couldn't figure out a way to add a tassel to my bookmark so I didn't add one, but if you have a Crop-A-Dile Hole Punch I'm pretty sure it would be fine to pierce your acetate without all your sequins flying out.

Thank you for joining me here on the blog today, I hope you like this project and don't forget to use my code T4TMIKI10 for 10 % off your order in store. 

Hugs,
Miki

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like