Pages

Sunday 9 April 2023

April step-by-step tutorial: making a spinning card

Happy Easter! I hope you all have something lovely planned, especially if it includes some crafty time! Today, I'm sharing an Easter-themed spinning card, but you can adapt this to any occasion you like!



Supplies needed:

- Eggstra Special Layering Stencil

- Eggstra Special Birthday stamps & coordinating dies

- Circle dies

- Die cutting machine

- Glitter paste

- Spatula 

- Rainbow of ink colours

- Markers or other colouring medium

- Thread

- Tape / washi

- Glue

- Embossing powder, embossing ink, heat gun

- Black cardstock and white cardstock 


Instructions 

1. Create your background. I ink blended a rainbow of colours (distress oxides) using the new Eggstra special stencils. I applied a light layer of colour first, then a heavier application for the detailed stencil. With the second stencil still in place, I spread a layer of glitter paste over the stencil with a Spatula. Make sure you clean your stencil straight away to stop the paste sticking permanently!



2. After the background had dried, I trimmed it to A2 size. Using washi tape to secure, I placed another A2 panel of white card behind it. I then placed a circle die on to the card and ran it though my die cutting machine, cutting a circle from both the stencilled and plain panels.



3. Next, I took the front and the back of the bunny from the Eggstra Special Birthday set, which I'd coloured with Copics. I cut a length of thin white thread big enough to span the circular cut out, plus an extra couple of inches. I securely taped the thread to the back of the front bunny, then glued the back of the bunny over the top.



4. I then securely taped the bunny on the thread to the reverse of the stencilled panel, so the bunny was floating in the centre of the die cut circle. I glued the panel of white card to the reverse, sealing in the thread.




5. To create the card base, I placed the card panel over the top of an A2 card base, then marked the location of the circular window with a pencil. Using the pencil lines as a guide, I die cut another circle in the front of the card base, then glued my card front over the top, lining up the circle cut-outs.




6. For some extra detail, I glued the circle die cut I'd cut out of the stencilled panel on to the inside of the card base, so it lined up with the front of the card.



7.  To finish, I stamped my sentiment on to black card using embossing ink, and heat embossed it in white, before adding it to the front of the card.



Now, you can wind the bunny up and watch him spin! 



I hope this inspires you to make your own spinning card! If so, do tag us in your posts as we'd love to see what you create!

*Discount code* - don't forget that code T4TJAYNE10 will get you 10% off your order! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like