Pages

Monday 24 April 2023

Thinking of EWE!

Hello Tea Timers and welcome back to the blog. I am excited to share a quick and easy card using the new Ewe Are the Best stamp set and my favorite technique, heat embossing onto vellum! I normally use this technique when I work with ghost images but that it also helps give a dreamy cloud look as well with the sheep. 


Sets used:

(coordinating dies available here)
(stamp and die combo available here)

I first took an A2 Panel and blended Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers and Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxides. I then splattered white watercolor over the panel and set it to the side to dry.

I then took another A2 Panel and a circle die and from the bottom, cut out the moon shape. On the moon, I blended Hickory Smoke and Pumice Stone with the Pawsome Prints Stencil. I blended more of the distress oxides around the edges of the circle to give it more of the moon look. 


I then took a piece of vellum and stamped the image of the sheep using embossing ink. I did this a total of three times. I then poured white embossing powder over it and heat set it with a heat gun. Once the embossing powder was heat set, I decided to fussy cut the sheep out but you can also use the coordinating die set. Once completed I set the sheep to the side and started working on the sentiment.

With the "thinking of" sentiment, I heat embossed it onto a black sentiment strip with white embossing powder. I die cut the EWE with the alphabet dies and gold cardstock.


I then arranged where I wanted all of my elements to go and used liquid adhesive to glue down my components. In order to not see the glue marks through the vellum, I used a fine tip glue bottle and only applied the glue on the embossed parts which helps cover up the glue.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post today and will feel inspired to use the Ewe Are the Best stamp set. If you do not have it yet, head to the shop and use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout.

I hope you have a wonderful week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like