Pages

Monday 17 April 2023

Darling Daffodil Birthday Card

Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. DT Randy here with my first ever floral card! I really love the images in the Darling Daffodils stamp set and wanted to create a fun garden scene as a birthday card!


Sets used:
(Darling Daffodils combo set available here)

I first stamped out the image of the daffodil bundle twice. I used YG21, YG23, YG45, RV21, RV23, RV25, Y11, Y13, Y17, Y19 to color the images and die cut them out using the coordinating dies. 

I then stamped out the images of the butterflies and used RV21, RV23, RV25, V01, V04, V05, V06 to color them and die cut them out using coordinating dies.


I cut out 2 A2 Panels using the die from the Autumn Scene set. For the first panel, I cut out the soil piece with the hill die. I then blended Gathered Twigs and Tattered Rose Distress Oxide. On the second panel I blended Salvaged Patina with a cloud stencil for the background.

With the Hello die, I cut it out of gold cardstock. I then heat embossed the sentiment using white embossing powder.


To assemble my card I first glued the first bundle of daffodils. I then took the second and glued and trimmed the bundle on one side. I then took the same bundle and glued and trimmed it on the other side. I then glued on the soil and the sentiments. For the butterflies I bent some of them to give them a 3-D look and glued them down.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post today and my first ever floral card! Take a look at the new release in the shop and don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 at check out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like