Pages

Tuesday 4 April 2023

Skating By Penguins

 

Hi friends and welcome back to the blog. 

DT Miriam here and I am delighted to be here for my first design team post for Time For Tea Designs. Where better to start my design team journey than with a Christmas card, it's never too early to make Christmas cards, right? Today it's all about penguins and snow ball fights, so lets get started.....




I started the card by creating a card base from hot pink cardstock to measure 4.25 x 5.5 inches. I then trimmed a piece of white card to be slightly smaller than the card base. 

On the white panel I stamped out three images from the Skating By Penguins stamp set  - the ice skating penguin, the penguin throwing the snowballs and the penguin furthest to the right. Now for once of my favourite crafting things to do - masking!! I made masks for these three images, popped them into place and moved on to stamping the rest of the images. I removed the masks and everything was ready to colour.



To colour the images I chose to use Copic markers. Today I have used the following colours:

Yellows - Y000, Y00

Teals - BG49, BG45, BG01

Reds - R30, R85, R83, R81

Blues - B60, B0000, B000

Oranges - YR07, YR04, YR02

Purples - BV29, BV25, BV23

Greys - C3, C2, C1





Once the colouring was finished I drew in a few snow drifts and moved onto the background. I ink blended Distress Oxide inks - Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire. I then used the grey Copic markers to create trees and branches over the ink blending. I drew lots of vertical lines and flicking lines off on angles. This does not need to be perfect at all, as the next step with cover an errors!

I mixed some white gouache with a tiny amount of water and flicked it all over the panel to create a snow effect. Once it was dry, I applied another layer of flicking, then filled in any gaps with white gel pen.




I then glued the panel to the card base. I stamped a sentiment onto hot pink cardstock with white pigment ink. Added white embossing powder and heat set until melted. I trimmed the sentiment and popped into place on the card with foam tape.

That completes the card for today. I hope you love the card as much as I do and that you may be inspired the get started on your Christmas cards. Don't forget to visit the Time For Tea Designs shop and use my code T4TMIRI10 for 10% discount.

Thanks again for visiting today x








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like